Welcome to Joyful Noises! My mission is to utilize music therapy and yoga to inspire and empower others to experience and create joy in their lives, regardless of circumstances, age or ability level. With almost twenty years of experience working as a music therapist and educator, I am able to bring both expertise and creative flexibility to help my clients meet their personal musical and non-musical goals. With my additional training and experience in yoga and adaptive yoga, I am able to add movement to my sessions to enhance and expand the opportunities and benefits available for my clients.
It is a joy for me to share the following presentations & partnerships with you:
I am currently in the process of preparing for the following presentations:
- August 25, 2015 ~ Sharing Our Stories: Programming with Individuals with Alzheimer's Disease ~ Sojourn Adult Day Services Programming Staff Team Training
- August 28, 2015 ~ North Memorial Music Therapists Rock! ~ North Memorial Hospital Music Therapy Team
- September 9, 2015 ~ Managing Stress Through Music ~ Securian Financial Noontime Seminar
- October 9, 2015 ~ Adaptive Yoga ~ PEO, Chapter BP
- October 19, 2015 ~ Bridge (Pose) Over Troubled Water: The Use of Yoga in Music Therapy ~ Music Therapy Ed Mindstorm Monday
I am honored to teach Adaptive Yoga Classes for the Normandale Center for Healing and Wholeness in Edina. Check out their link for more information about other services they provide for older adults in our community!
Recently I had the joy of presenting for the staff of North Memorial's Partial Hospitalization Program on music therapy and mental health. It is a privilege to provide combination therapeutic drumming and yoga sessions for their patients each week! Please look under Links to view or download my handouts from this presentation!